Canal Flatties

Canal Flatties

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February Bass Fishing

   Went to the pond down the road this evening in hopes of catching a fish or two. Fished a silent squarebill for a while but no hits so I picked up my ultra light with a 3" rebel floater tied on, a nightmare for cold water bass. I fished the bait through a fallen tree in 3 feet of water, and on about the 4th or 5th cast, I hooked one. It fought like a wet towel for the first few seconds, but then it "woke up" and started fighting pretty well. It was about a 1lb largemouth. I caught another one a few casts later, but after that I couldn't get bit and moved to a few other locations without luck until I found a few fish and landed 2 more small largemouth on back to back casts. I doubt the fish are beginning to transition into their pre-spawn behaviors, but it won't be too much longer until winter checks out for good. Thanks for reading!
First fish, it was actually barely hooked in the top of the mouth but the hook fell out, so I hung the hook on the corner of its mouth for the picture
 Had 2 fish hooked really well like this one


No comments: