Canal Flatties

Canal Flatties

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Stockers in the Snow

    Had the day off from school on Monday, so I headed up to the Robinson River that had been stocked 2 weeks prior in hopes of finding a few fish. There were many more fish in the creek than I had expected, especially considering the number of fishermen that I refer to as "Joe Powerbait"(s) that fish there regularly when the fish are stocked. I caught most of my fish on trout magnets, my usual approach to fishing for stocked trout, but I also tried out some berkley power eggs (floating scented plastic eggs), and they were a very nice option to switch to when a school of fish quit hitting the trout magnets. Ended up bringing back 16 to add to the ones we already have in my neighbor's pond. (my grandfather was with us too so we were allowed 18 trout)
  Also had my 7 year old cousin tag along with me to a couple pools, and he landed 7 trout with my assistance. I handed the rod to him after I had hooked the fish for 5 of them, but he hooked and landed both of the others by himself! The fish on kids trout day at Graves Mountain this spring are in trouble... Thanks for reading!
14" rainbow, looks much smaller in the photo
Nice brook



No comments: