Canal Flatties

Canal Flatties

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Late Winter Trout and Bass

   Today I fished my neighbor's pond with my little brother...We started out looking for bass since it was so warm out, but they hadn't moved into shallow water yet and we couldn't get any to hit in deep water. Tried for bluegill and crappies as well with no luck, so we decided to fish the other pond that we put trout in this year. I used a 2&1/2" Rebel Floater to try to catch some bass there, and caught 2 little ones, along with 2 trout. My little brother caught a trout on a slider grub, and then we both changed to 1" gulp minnows rigged float-n-fly style and caught about 8-10 more trout. That was it for the day besides 2 small crappies and 2 bluegill, the fish are still really sluggish from last week's cold snap, but it is supposed to be warmer this week and that should get them feeding a little better. Thanks for reading!




No comments: