Canal Flatties

Canal Flatties

Thursday, June 20, 2013

OBX Fishing Report Day 4

Fishing was slow on the pier all day. I started fishing very late at 8:00 because the wind was so bad that I didn't want to go out at 5:30. I didn't miss anything spectacular. A few bluefish were being caught, but there were no schools. I fished the pilings for most of the day, and landed some a bunch of pinfish, a few pigfish, some silver perch, 3 bluefish, 2 croakers, and a sea mullet. I missed a good red drum bite in the breakers beside the pier mid-day, but I fished it in the afternoon on the outgoing tide and caught a nice 19" red drum. My brother Wyatt caught a 19" and a 17", and my brother Ewing caught an 18&1/2" drum. We fished at night as well, but the skates were so thick that you couldn't keep a bait out, although some people used skate for bait and landed 2 small sharpnose sharks.

No comments: