Canal Flatties

Canal Flatties

Saturday, June 22, 2013

OBX Final Fishing Report

   As usual, the water was too rough to take the boat out, so I pier fished again. Two 15" cobia were landed on bottom rigs, which I thought was pretty cool, and the staff at Jennete's Pier took one to the aquarium. I also saw lots of small flounder caught, averaging 6-10". Croakers and Sea Mullet were being caught as usual, and I found pinfish, pigfish, and silver perch on every piling of the pier. The bluefish started hitting around noon, I had to jig Got-Cha plugs around 4 feet deep, and nobody else had figured that out. Despite my 40lb Ande fluorocarbon leader, I still lost 3 lures to the razor sharp spanish mackerel teeth. I landed 19 bluefish, and 2 spanish mackerel. There weren't many spanish landed by people other than my dad and I, since we knew what presentation the fish wanted...I think we lost 6 jigs in total, so if anyone has suggestions about what leader I should try, let me know. Thanks for reading!

No comments: