Canal Flatties

Canal Flatties

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Fly Fishing the North Fork of the Rivanna

     Over the past couple of days, I have been playing around at the river after school with my 3 weight and figured I would post a few pictures of some fish I caught. Nothing big, but it doesn't have to be big to be fun when you're using a 3 weight!


 
Smallmouth caught on my newly created pattern

 
River chub caught indicator nymphing

 
Another River Chub caught while indicator nymphing

 
Caught this fallfish high sticking a heavy bead head nymph in a deep pool

 
Pretty colors on this mystery sunfish...Possibly a hybrid?

 
Big fallfish caught swinging a white "hackle-less" wooly bugger in a riffle

 
Big Redbreast Sunfish 
 
Smallmouth caught right at dusk on a white "hackle-less" wooly bugger

No comments: