Canal Flatties

Canal Flatties

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

First Fish of 2013

    This afternoon,  I decided I would go fish for a couple bluegill and crappie at my neighbors ponds. I rigged up a couple small hooks on slip bobbers and headed down to the ponds with high hopes for the first fish of 2013. I fished for about 45 minutes in various locations around the pond, using gulp minnows, worms, and meal worms, only having one bite from what I think was a crappie. I was running out of daylight and needed a fish fast, so I headed on to the North Fork of the Rivanna, a mere 300 yard walk from the ponds, t try for some fallfish. I fished some chartreuse powerbait, my favorite for this time of year when the fish aren't active enough to chase artificials.  I landed one 8" baby, but it was the day saver, and I was pleased. I missed 2 more fish but that was it for the day, and I headed home. Thanks for reading!
                                                 

No comments: