Canal Flatties

Canal Flatties

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Cleaning Out the South River

       Today, my brothers, a friend and I went to the South River in Greene County to try to pick off the last few rainbows left over from last stocking. We fished trout magnets and salmon eggs all day, all fish came on trout magnets though, not surprising, stocked fish tend to slam trout magnets when nothing else works. We fished around a mile of  stream, fishing every "fishy" pool, ended up catching 5 in around an hour and 15 minutes. The biggest fish of the day was caught by Wyatt on around his 3rd or 4th cast, a 15 inch fat male rainbow. I caught a pile of fallfish and creek chubs until finally I found a couple trout. I caught 2 out of 3 fish (trout) in the pool, one on a pink trout magnet, and one on a chartreuse trout magnet. That was it for today but tomorrow I will be fishing at Sugar Hollow and hopefully I can connect with a couple nice brookies and rainbows. Thanks for reading!
 
This fish wouldn't hit skein, white magnet, a gold magnet, a yellow magnet, or a cheese colored magnet,but savagely attacked a pink magnet on sight, amazing how color change can play a huge role in succcess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice!