Canal Flatties

Canal Flatties

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Keitech Swing Impact Review

   
 Keitechs had always been a bait I have avoided due to their price and durability. I have been fishing the 4" swing impacts and they are pretty much $5 for an 8 pack no matter where you look. This wouldn't be an issue with most baits, but they are so fragile that you will only catch one or two fish per bait, maybe 3 if you're lucky.
    Biting the bullet with the price has been a very wise choice for me, I couldn't tell you how many bass I have landed on those things since October when I first tried them. Most swimbaits roll side to side on the retrieve, but the Swing Impacts don't. I don't know about you but I've never seen a shad or bluegill swimming along rolling side to side as it moves its tail. They do a tremendous job of matching the swim of a baitfish, especially in cooler water temperatures.
     A real eye opener for me was when I fished on Lake Anna in January this year using some 4" swing impacts in Electric Shad color, they do a great job imitating the blueback herring that those fish feed on this time of year. Even in 48 degree water, I did very well catching bass and stripers while people around me struggled to get bites using using other brands of swimbaits. I did fish a Zoom swimmin' fluke jr for a while but the fish wouldn't touch it. The material these baits are made out of really excels at slow speeds and in colder water where other baits are just too stiff to swim well.

    So far I have used these on small jigheads, on an underspin, and on an alabama rig. All three presentations have caught fish for me and I am eager to see what else I can do with these baits in the spring. I would highly recomend trying them out if you haven't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feller, you got this fishing thing down pat.

Anonymous said...

Who taught you all this stuff?