Canal Flatties

Canal Flatties

Thursday, February 12, 2015

February Update

   The fish have been pretty good to me this winter...Severe cold snap coming up so I don't know if I will be able to do much for the next week or so, but we'll see. Here are some fish from the winter thus far:
Here is a largemouth I caught back in December hopping a 3/16oz blade bait in a farm pond. Pretty sweet fish, pushing 4lbs. Heartbreaker was a 6-7lb fish that spit my jerkbait the same evening
Big blue cat caught in December as well, weighed 18lbs

A nice smallmouth from a pond at Massanutten last weekend, weighed 2lbs. Gorgeous fish

A pretty rainbow from our Christmas trip to SWVA
Returned to the Hot Side at Lake Anna in January...Got into a LOT of fish vertically jigging blade baits after marking them on our fish finders. Plenty of Largemouth, White Perch, and Catfish.
My little brother and I crushed the trout at our neighbor's pond one evening, landed 12 in an hour with lots of bluegill and crappies mixed in. Trout magnets float-n-fly style.
An absolute football that I caught in December on a 1/4oz redeye shad, I'd guess the fish was close to 6lbs, living happily on the trout I put in the pond with it.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dedicated fishermen. Excellent catches for this time of year.