Canal Flatties

Canal Flatties

Sunday, May 5, 2013

My Biggest Largemouth in the Last 2-3 Years

     Today I headed to Hollymead lake and decided to fish for largemouth...A decision I rarely make. My reasoning was that my friend had landed 3 citations (22" or better) largemouth this spring. I rigged up a Zoom _______ in the color of my choice...I can only say so much when it comes to big bass, for some reason, big bass are a big deal to most people, and I don't want the lakes I fish to get sucked dry! On my 5th cast or so, I looked to where my bait hit the water and saw a monster heading his way over to the bait...After 2 twitches, he picked it up off the bottom and the fight was on! I charged out into the water with my net (1 foot of water) and within 45 seconds, I was able to net him...Talk about a good way to start the day. I didn't land any more big ones in the next 2 hours of fishing, just a few 10-15" males. The fish measured 22" in length, and my guess would be 7 pounds since she was full of eggs. So I may have to get into this whole bass fishing thing, even though I only get excited about a fish over 20"...Thanks for reading!

No comments: