Canal Flatties

Canal Flatties

Saturday, January 19, 2013

High Water on the Rose River

        Today I fished the Rose and Robinson rivers for about 3 hours in the evening, but since there was so much water in the creeks, fish wouldn't cooperate. The water was clear, there was just A LOT of it. I saw one fish in the Rose and one in the Robinson... Pretty terrible, but I did manage to get into some non-trout in a small pool in the creek below the pay pond. I caught a HUGE creek chub (large for the species creek chub, not river chub or fallfish etc, creek chub!), one common shiner, and two baby smallmouth. Everything was caught on a yellow trout magnet with a black jighead. Hopefully the high water will move the stocked trout around a bit so they aren't as vulnerable to dip nets, cast nets, treble hooks, and M-80s, thank you Madison County for that... Not stereotyping everyone in Madison, just pointing it out that  in that area, there are people who do that, and those are real things I have to "factor into my equation" thinking about how long after stocking it is worth trying to fish, and that shouldn't be the case. Thanks for reading!
 
 



No comments: